Confidentiality and information security policy
- Who are you?
- KiteFix is a Canadian company. It has been developing products in the kitesurfing field for 5 years now. Francis Roy, Jean-Francois Dupras and Taimeir Abdelrazek have been kitesurfing since 1999. The three entrepreneurs decided to start a company selling repair products for kite equipment when they realized such products were hard to find for kite lovers. Their mission is to offer their customers quality repair products and services at a reasonable competitive price. KiteFix has become a worldwide leader in its field. The company offers a fast, long-lasting and permanent alternative to traditional repairs with stitches. See the about us section for more information about us.
- Why should I choose KiteFix over traditional repairing?
- KiteFix allows you on the spot repairing of your equipment.
- You don't have to bring or send your kite to a repair shop, pay for transport and wait while it is windy outside!
- FiberFix is now offered in 7 different colors; the repairs are almost invisible even for tears that go through up to 3 colors.
- During a kite trip, KiteFix products are a must to repair possible damages to your kite equipment.
- One repair kit will allow you to make many repairs.
- Our solid, permanent and long-lasting repairs prevent weakening the canopy by avoiding any stitches holes.
- You are completely independent.
- If I use KiteFix products, will my repairs be solid, reliable and long-lasting?
- We have been repairing our kite equipment with KiteFix products for 7 years now and they are still holding to this day! To get a better idea on just how strong and reliable KiteFix repairs are, see our Kill2Kite video.
- Can I find KiteFix products in stores?
- Of course! More then a hundred retailers worldwide offer our quality products. Check out our retailers list. If you can't find a retailer near you, we urge you to visit our on-line store. We also take any suggestions for new retailers. Please do not hesitate to inform us about your local retailer if you can't find KiteFix products there. We will promptly contact them.
- What type of warranty do you offer?
- It is very simple. If you buy any KiteFix product(s) from our on-line store and are not entirely satisfied with it (them), just return the product(s) to us and we will repay you 100% of the purchase price. See our Returns/Refunds policies here.
- Do you offer a repair service?
- KiteFix will soon have a repair service shop that will offer quality repairs at a competitive price.
- How long does it takes to repair a kite?
- Time will vary depending on the problem but a simple tear will usually take only a few minutes.
- Which KiteFix products do I need?
- See our products list to find the specific products for your needs.
- How long does the GluFix glue takes to dry?
- Maximum results will be attained with a 12 to 24 hours drying period but GluFix will look and feel dry when you touch it in matter of minutes. Furthermore, a one hour drying period will be enough for 12 inches and less tears. N.B. Low humidity and heat will significantly reduce the drying period of GluFix.
- Is GluFix cold and heat resistant?
- GluFix can sustain -40Â°C to 65Â°C temperatures.
- What total lenght of repairs a GluFix tube will allow me to do?
- A GluFix tube is enough to fix at least 48'' tears.
- How long can I store my GluFix tube once I opened it?
- GluFix will last you several months after opening it. To keep it longer, push the glue to the end of the tube and tighten the cap firmly.
- I have never repaired a kite before. Is it difficult?
- Not at all. KiteFix kits come with a detailed, simple and illustrated instructions booklet. (Look up the booklet link.) You can also check out our How to videos.
- A valve is leaking. What can I do?
- KiteFix has a new repair system called Peel2Fix especially made for this type of problem. Peel2Fix will help you to easily fix the leaking valve in a matter of minutes.
- How can I pay for my purchase?
- We accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express and Paypal.
- Can I use an international credit card?
- Are there any taxes to pay?
- All orders shipped outside of Canada are tax-free. For orders placed in Quebec, PST and GST will apply. Elsewhere in Canada, only GST will apply.
- Are there any duty fees?
- Orders under 60$ are usually duty-free. In the event of a duty fee for orders outside of Canada, the cost will be added to the customer's bill.
- What currency will be used to bill me?
- Our Internet dealer is Desjardins (a Canadian banking company), so when you go to the cash register, the purchase cost will be converted into Canadian currency on your credit card. N.B. If you are using Paypal, you will be charged with the chosen currency.
- Is your website secured?
- When you get to the cash register you are re-directed to the secured encrypted web page of our Internet dealer (Desjardins). Desjardins meets the industry security standards including the PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry - Data Security Standard; PCI Data Security Standard)
- What carrier company does KiteFix use to send the products?
- All our orders are shipped via Canada Post.
- What are the delivery charges?
- Usually, shipping a complete KiteFix kit will cost about 7$ in Canada or in the United States and about 14$ elsewhere around the world.
- Will I receive a tracking number?
- KiteFix uses the Canada Post Air Small Parcel Service. Unfortunately, this service does not include a tracking number.
- Do you ship worldwide?
- Of course! KiteFix ships anywhere on the planet.
- When will I receive my order?
- The delivery delay is usually from 5 to 10 business days.
- How can I get my order faster?
- Contact us as soon as you have placed your order and we will offer you faster delivery alternatives.
- Where are the orders shipped from?
- All orders are shipped from Quebec, Canada.
You can't find the answers to your questions? Please, do not hesitate to contact us via our email address, we will gladly help you in any way we can.